Liquid chiller cooling systems are a breakthrough in the industrial sector. Most commercial buildings, manufacturing, industrial facilities, hotels, restaurants, etc. are now utilizing them to dehumidify and cool the property and equipment.
A broad overview of liquid chillers, how they function, and what varieties are finest and available on the market will aid you in deciding which liquid chiller is ideal for you and your organization.
In this short and simplistic article, I will discuss which kind of liquid chiller cooling systems are the best to use, their benefits, and how they function.
What is a Liquid Chiller?
A liquid chiller is frequently utilized as a portable cooling system in commercial and residential settings. Briefly defined, liquid chillers are cooling systems used to reduce heat from the water. Liquid Chillers are applied to quickly and effectively reduce heat from hardware.
Liquid chillers don’t actually “cool” things when applied to lower the temperature of the machinery. Instead, they remove heat from it. Heat is removed from the fluid using liquid chillers, which flow via heat exchangers to chill the atmospheric air or machinery.
In a nutshell, you may consider the liquid chillers as heat-removal equipment. There are some great liquid chillers available on the market. However, before going there, let’s look at how they work.
How does a Liquid Chiller work?
Liquid chillers operate on the vapor compression refrigeration system. Chillers deliver a steady coolant stream to the cold end of a processing water supply. The coolant is then pushed through the processing, removing heat from one portion of machinery or equipment.
A liquid chiller module is a water cooling method that applies vapor compression and links to the water supply via an evaporator. The compressor, condenser, expansion valve, and evaporator are the refrigeration parts that distribute refrigerant.
The condenser functions as a heat exchanger, transferring heating acquired by the processed fluid flow to the coolant. The coolant evaporates, transforming from a low-pressure fluid to vapor as the heat exchange occurs. In contrast, the heat of the processing coolant decreases.
The coolant then goes to a compressor, which serves several purposes. First, it eliminates coolant from the evaporator. It maintains that the pressure is lower enough to transfer heat from the heat source at the proper pace.
Secondly, it increases the pressure in the evaporating coolant to ensure its temperature stays high enough to dissipate heat whenever it enters the heat exchanger. At the heat exchanger, the coolant restores to a fluid condition. A cooling fluid removes the heat generated released by the coolant when it transitions from vapor to liquids.
This is how a liquid chiller module generally functions. Of course, you need to choose the ideal liquid chiller to perform it properly and get the best output.
Essential Factors to Consider before picking a Liquid Chiller
Now, choosing the ideal liquid chiller is crucial to getting the optimum output from your machinery. Below, I’ll discuss several critical factors when selecting liquid chillers to protect your substantial investment.
Coolant Temperature, Flow Rate, and Pressure
Specify the coolant, its optimum temperature control, and the flow velocity required by liquid chillers. The coolant temperature is the critical point reached by the cooling medium in the chillers. When the cooling fluid enters the process, it takes heat from the surrounding atmosphere and the operation, raising its temperature. The cooled liquid’s temperature control will influence how much heat it can take.
The capacity of a fluid to absorb heat is affected by the flow rate and pressure of the refrigerant. The dimensions of the pipes determine the pressure by which the fluids travel. A well-built cooler will enable enough pressure, preventing long-term deterioration of the liquid chiller’s parts.
It is critical to assess the heat load of the operation to guarantee that the liquid chillers you select are large enough for the desired use. The quantity of heat produced by any process is the heat load. The water cooled system must be more efficient to remove heat, the greater the heat load.
There are numerous methods for estimating heat load (in kW), but knowing the procedure is critical for obtaining an appropriate heat load.
What setting will the cooler be installed? Interior systems, for instance, may endure intense heat and unclean environments. In contrast, external systems may encounter equally higher and lower environmental temperatures. It can impact the sizing of liquid chillers and necessitate the use of attachments like a filter drier, sump warmers, and so on.
It matters how the condenser or heat exchanger dissipates heat. Liquid chillers channel the excess heat into a water cooled source. Massive cooling towers of fluids are used in liquid cooling systems to take excessive heat.
In freezing conditions, the refrigeration system carry the fluid beyond freezing, increasing its efficiency to absorb heat. Liquid cooling systems are more energy-efficient than air cooling systems in warmer regions. Liquid chillers in regulated conditions can be a good alternative if you desire increased efficiency.
Next, depending on the cooling water source temperature and the maximum projected temperature of the air, utilize the liquid chillers’ performance curves to pick cooling systems that equal or exceeds the necessary capacity.
Examine the pump performance curves to determine that it will deliver adequate pressure at the specified flow velocity to meet the requirements. Several liquid cooling systems have short refrigerant flow pathways or extensive lengths with more than usual pressure drops.
Lastly, examine the other things, like power capacity, management choices, the manufacturers, footprint, organization listing, color, etc. Selecting a standard liquid chiller module means improved dependability, more straightforward servicing with common replacement parts, and global reach.
Now meeting these requirements, the industrial liquid chillers of Coolingstyle are some of the best liquid cooling systems available at an amazing price. Continue reading on to know more about Coolingstyle’s Micro Water Chiller and Rack-mounted Chiller.
Coolingstyle Micro Water Chiller
If you are looking for chillers that can keep your UV laser printer functioning cool, the Coolingstyle chillers are the right product for you. Their manufacturers aimed to create a liquid chiller refrigeration system with high quality components and the characteristics of compact size, portable, minimize weight, and precise temperature control.
Q Series Micro Water Chiller of Coolingstyle is ideal for 3-8W UV laser machines, 3-8W UV solid-state lasers, and 30W green laser cooling. Micro water chillers have various useful features and benefits. But first, let’s see how they operate.
Micro Water Chiller Working Mechanism
It features a micro dc compressor of 90mm in height and 1kg in weight with an adjustable speed. It permits adaptable power supply choices and has two main compression chambers. When the compressor is running at a high rotational velocity, it will assist in decreasing noise and vibrations.
The rotational velocity of the mini compressor ranges from 2000 RPM to 6000 RPM. The compressor regulates its rotational speed to offer excellent cooling performance in response to the heat load.
In the Gas cycle and Liquid cycle illustration, no 9 is the fluid pump while no 10 is the fluid tank. The water enters the tank and passes through the evaporator and heat exchanger. The cooler then transports the cool fluids to the heat load.
The liquid chiller refrigeration systems contain a tiny DC brushless pump. It has a flow rate of 2-5L/min. In the tank, a fluid level sensor detects if there are enough fluids to power the cooler. When employing a low temperature, a heater is required to maintain the temperature control.
The PID control is utilized to keep the temperature of the fluid stable at 0.1C. To gather temperature readings, it employs a 16-bit digital signal collection device. The PID regulates the compressor velocity until the capacity meets the heat load. Eventually, the fluid temperature remains within 0.1°C.
Micro Water Chiller Features
- Lightweight and movable structure.
- Small form. The measurements are 345x248x215 mm.
- Excellent temperature stabilization of 0.1°C. Furthermore, the PID control method improves its temperature control.
- More than 500W cooling capacity.
- Lower energy consumption and effective frequency conversion.
- A flow rate detector to monitor the chiller’s flow rate.
- Flow alarm system.
- Temperature alarms for overheating and underheating.
- Refrigerant type R134a.
- High definition LCD monitor.
- Standard voltage AC220V and optional AC110V/DC24V.
- Optional choice of the RS485 communication system.
Micro Water Chiller Benefits
Given below are some of the benefits of using the Coolingstyle micro water chiller:
- Compact structure: The structure is compact. The small liquid chillers save space. This liquid cooling unit’s small form allows it to be readily implanted into your laser system.
- Highly efficient: A small DC Compressor with a constant switching frequency is used in this portable chiller. Whenever the compressor runs at a high rotational velocity, it decreases noise and vibrations. The rotational speed of the compressor ranges from 2000 RPM to 6000 RPM. The more the compressor velocity, the bigger the chiller’s chilling capability.
- Excellent quality: Precise temperature management and good chilling capacity are among the features that contribute to outstanding functioning. To keep the temperatures steady, it uses the PID controls. The cooling capacity varies from 420W to 580W.
- Maximum power supply options: The chillers operate on either 110V or 220V. It has a power button that converts the AC electricity to DC 24V. AC electricity supply is the default settings configuration. However, if necessary, Coolingstyle can offer custom cooling systems to generate DC24V.
- Additional pump options: It offers various pump specs to choose from. Customers may sometimes require a little flow quantity, while others may require a large flow quantity. Customers can be more versatile with several options.
- Lightest weight possible: The entire chiller equipment weighs only 11kg.
- RS485 feature available: The chillers can communicate with the higher computer.
- Excellent dependability: Coolingstyle provide their clients with everlasting technical assistance. You can reach them 24/7!
As you can see, the micro water chillers of Coolingstyle have excellent benefits. If you still have any doubt check the performance curves of the liquid chillers.
Cooling Capacity Curve
Coolingstyle Rack-mounted Liquid Chiller
Another excellent industrial chiller of the Coolingstyle is the rack-mounted chiller. It s also a popular choice among many organizations as they are small and easier to install. Let’s look at its working principle, features, and benefits.
Rack-mounted Liquid Chiller Working Mechanism
Rack-mounted Liquid Chiller Features
- Several sizes to pick from, including 4U/5U/6U versions.
- Temperature stability is 0.1°C. The PID Control system improves temperature accuracy.
- The cooling capacity varies between 400W and 1200W.
- The LCD monitor has a wide, high-resolution screen.
- Custom cooling systems developed for 100 240 VAC and DC24V.
- Inverter with intelligence High capacity is provided by a DC compressor.
- The weight of rack-mounted chillers ranges from 18kg to 50kg.
Rack-mounted Liquid Chiller Benefits
It has various advantages to help you apply it as a sound liquid cooling refrigeration system. You can pick from its different sizes and save floor area by putting them in a rack. It features excellent temperature stability because of the PID control system.
Various pump options are available, and the DC compressor is small and highly capable. It has a chilling capacity ranging from 400W to 1200W. Also, the low weight and compact system make it more flexible. It also has the RS485 communication system and custom cooling systems option for the power generation source.
Most industrial and manufacturing facilities require a cooling system to run effectively. It can keep the machinery from getting overheated so that the hardware can give the best output. As a liquid cooling system, the Coolingstyle micro water chiller is more effective than the other products on the market. They are small, portable, economical, and have excellent cooling capabilities.